Friday, November 25, 2011

Truth in the Tinsel: An Advent Experience for Little Hands

Hey Friends!

Are you ready for the Christmas holidays to begin??

Well, ready or not - here they come! :)

Every year about this time I start to receive e-mails from friends wondering if I have ideas about how to keep Christ in the center of the holiday season.


As a former Children's Ministry Director (@ Mars Hill Bible Church) and mom of 4, I love coming up with creative ways to focus on Jesus with my family (and, of course, enjoy passing on ideas to others!).

This year I am SUPER excited about a BRAND NEW RESOURCE that makes teaching Truth simple, fun, organized, kid-friendly and Christ-centered.

Can I get a Woo Hoo!?! :)

Introducing
Truth in the Tinsel: An Advent Experience for Little Hands

Amanda White - another former Children's Director :) and blogger from
Oh Amanda and Impress Your Kids - has written an amazing e-book that will make your Christmas experience memorable and fun!

Truth in the Tinsel is filled with Scripture, discussion questions, craft and activity ideas, and so much more!

The e-book provides 24 days of Christmas Truths (for kids ages preschool through early elementary age). I love how Amanda does an amazing job of keeping everything organized, focused and clear. (You can tell she's a mom!).


This e-book is formatted in a simple (yet fun), easy to follow manner. She also provides alternative plans if 24 days doesn't fit with your schedule. LOVE IT!

My favorite part? I appreciated everything, but if I had to pick, I'd say that having 24 picture & word clues available to download, print, and insert into an advent calendar was my favorite. (Some of you may remember my Starbucks Advent Calendar? Amanda's clues will work great!)

I could go on and on about why if you have preschool/elementary age children you will appreciate this resource....but trust me, you will love it. Amanda has clearly put a ton of time, prayer, thought, wisdom and skill into this book. (Job well done, Amanda!)

And get this - she's also hosting a Black Friday special! For today only (11/25) you can purchase Truth in the Tinsel for only $2.99 (that's cheaper than my favorite latte!) Yippee!

For more information or to purchase Truth in the Tinsel - click here for special Black Friday price.

After Black Friday, you can purchase Truth in the Tinsel for only $4.99! What a bargain!

I'll close with words from Truth in the Tinsel's author, Amanda White,


"The key to this entire advent celebration is to have a daily focus and meditation on God’s greatest gift. Your children will learn the ins and outs of the story because you’ve facilitated a time to discuss, play, and create. And in those moments, God will speak to their hearts and yours.

The little Baby is no longer in the manger but alive and sitting on a throne—waiting to have a relationship with you and your children. Help your children get to know Him this Christmas!"

Yes! May we all help our children get to know Him better this Christmas!

Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*! Have a wonderful, Truth-filled weekend!



Disclosure: I did receive an advanced copy for Truth in the Tinsel, but I was not compensated for this "Truth in the Tinsel" review. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are fully my own. :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Thank you Cindy for sharing this. I will definitely be looking at it for my family. I really appreciate all the ideas that you give us for our families. :)

Amy Sullivan said...

Cindy,
One of the reasons I like coming here is because you always tell me something new or different.

It's like you jump into my brain and post about things I'm interested in. "Truth in the Tinsel" great, great title.

You know I've only bought one ebook ever. I may just have to change my ways.

Thanks for highlighting, and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, friend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin