Thursday, November 3, 2011

Surprise!

Hey Friends!

I'm packing up and getting ready to head to Indiana for the weekend, but I had to log on and tell you about a FUN SURPRISE I received this week!

First, can I just tell you, my week has been nuts.

Anyone else??

Just plain old crazy.

Between Halloween, a sick boy, football playoff practices, helping at school 3 times this week (which I love, by the way!)...not too mention gearing up for the weekend retreat (so excited!), feeding my family, and a huge filming commitment for next week (I'll be sure to fill you in soon!)....I'm ready for a nap!

PLUS some exciting opportunities are being planned/prayed over for next year. They are so big and crazy that # 1) I can't believe anyone would ask me to be a part of this, # 2) only God could dream up something so big, # 3) I can't believe my husband said YES because it would involve me and a video camera and a Bible study and another part of the world.

Can you see why I feel nutty this week?!

Good thing I just taught a series on Balanced Living (I think know the Lord wanted me to learn about this subject!). So yes, I did spend time resting today and sitting still before the Lord.

Anyhoo ~ imagine my surprise when a big package was stuffed in my mailbox yesterday. I was intrigued. When I saw the return address was from Texas, I was even more curious. Hmmm....

Then I noticed it was from Connie in Austin, Texas.

I remember Connie! She is a sweet, dear woman I met at the Camp Buckner Retreat. She had on an adorable sparkly jacket I loved! (Finally on Saturday night I had to confess to Connie I was totally coveting her sparkly jacket. Connie, being the sweet Texas woman that she is, said, "Well here, try mine on. Let's see what size you need".)

Connie shared that they sold these jackets at her church store. She offered to order one for me, but when she told me the price, I thought I'd better wait and check with my husband John.

Imagine my delight when I opened my package from Connie this week. It was a sparkly jacket! Woo Hoo!!


(In the midst of my crazy week, I just slipped it on so my Benj could take a quick picture for y'all. Pardon my sloppy t-shirt, messed up hair and lack of lipstick!)

Connie said the ladies from Redeemer Lutheran Church all chipped in to get me the sparkly jacket. Awww!

They wanted me to "keep sparkling" :)

To My Sweet friends at Redeemer Lutheran Church,

You blessed this Michigan girl more than you know! Thank you for your generosity, thoughtfulness, and grace. I am humbled and grateful, and will wear the jacket with love! :)

And yes, I will keep sparkling!

-Cindy

How about for you?? I'd love to hear your stories of unexpected surprises! Or maybe there is someone you could surprise this weekend! Either way...I would love to hear from you!!!!

Have an amazing weekend filled with God's richest blessings!!



P.S. My son Jake's varsity football team (Grand Rapids Christian Eagles) has a huge playoff football game tomorrow night. I'm bummed to miss it, so hopefully it won't be the last game of the season. Go Eagles! :)



8 comments:

Amelia said...

how incredibly awesome on so many counts!!! Yay God!!!!!!

Linda said...

Cindy they must really think you are special! ...And so do I!!!!

God Bless You!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Melody said...

That's awesome, Cindy! What a neat surprise. It looks fabulous on you.

Nana's Nuggets said...

Good Morning Cindy! wow~love that jacket..when you get rid of it! I want it!!LOL~ and about Happy:)Surprises~ well, several wks.ago I submitted a letter to a Christain Radio station in regards to "Teacher of the Month" for my daughter..and she won it!! yesterday this station confirmed all the details and Monday Morning @daughter's school, they are presenting her w/a plaque` and lots of the most awesome gifts from all the sponsers!! Her and I have been estatic!! God is so Good!! LOVE HIM SO!!! but anyway have a wonderful wk~end! and remember "YOU ARE HIGHLY FAVORED"!! (LUKE 1:28)

Leah Adams said...

Bless you as you walk the path of God. I know He will be right there with you every step of the way. Praying for you this weekend as you serve. I'm headed to South Carolina to do the same.

kendal said...

first round of playoffs for our eagles tonight....

love the surprise - how awesome! i ahve had the pleasure of working with my students over the last two weeks on a project to provide clean drinking water for a people group without. we set a goal of $500. then they set about making what i call rag bracelets (braided pieces of fabric). they sold the bracelets and accepted donations for 10 days. we have raised $1660.60!!!!!!!!!!! it has been an awesome experience! these are 7th graders!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome and for "sloppy t-shirt, messy hair and no lipstick you look great!!!!!!"

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I love how the Lord is blessing you and giving you so many opportunities for ministry. And, the "sparkling jacket" is just the "icing on the cake." Goes great with your sparkling smile!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin