Saturday, April 7, 2012

there's no place like home


Hey Friends! Check Spelling

Happy April to you!! :)

As I mentioned last week
, we just wrapped up our Spring Break week here in Michigan.

John and I decided to skip our "stay-cation" ideas this year, and head out for a family fun road trip! Even though I was jet lagged big time from my very recent trip to Turkey, a great time was had by all!
Woo Hoo! :)

Our journey included driving 650+ miles to Washington D.C, plus visits to two dear sets of family friends in Pennsylvania, and a couple days in Baltimore, Maryland too. What fun! :)


Our first main stop was in Lancaster, PA. I loved hanging out with my childhood best friend (from Kokomo) - JJ Landis (pic below).


JJ's family is creative, warm, and a ton of fun - and our kids quickly connected and held a day long jam session in the basement. JJ's husband also took my gang "caving" (pic below) which is their favorite vacation highlight. JJ & I went shopping. I'm not a caver - thank you very much!

I loved hearing JJ's kids say all their A to Z Memory Verses (to which my son said, "oh, are we still memorizing those?!" Nice Jake. Nice.)


And would you believe one of our other close friends, the Torresson's, live less than an hour away from JJ? (Remember when Tom had his near death heart attack? Recap here and when Jen moved away and I cried for days? Recap here).

We had so much fun hanging out and exploring the Philadelphia Zoo together. Love them!




We also had 5 days together as just a family.


Our trip included lots of fun and laughter.....

Special family moments...

Good eats. I was so happy to not have to cook for almost 10 days. Yippee!

Exploring....



My least favorite moment of the trip....

Taking the subway in DC. As we were getting on the Metro, John and the little kids went first, then the doors closed right behind me, leaving my son Jake still on the curb. Ahhh!

Thankfully my mom instinct kicked in, I quickly stuck my hands in the door and pried them open and threw Jake on the subway. Oh my!

For the rest of the trip we rode on a double decker bus....


During our time away (and many miles on the road!) ~ I had lots of time to read, pray, and study. I thanked God for *you*, my She Sparkles readers, and asked God to bless you in a very special way!!!

As much fun as it is to be away with my family, it's always good to be "home sweet home". :)
I've missed you!

What have you been up to the past few weeks? What is God teaching you? How can I pray for YOU, my friend???

Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*! May God fill your day with much joy, love and laughter!!!

Sweet blessings ~


P.S. While we were away, I received an email with some exciting news! My kids are now saying I am the best mom. ever. I can't wait to share my thrilling update with YOU - and I even get to share the blessing. Yay! More details coming next week.....

7 comments:

Theresa said...

I love Lancaster! Looks like you had a wonderful time.
Happy Easter to you and your family :)

iammygirlsmom said...

This reminds me of a trip we took 2 years ago - to PA, DC and a day in New Jersey! We had a great time with friends, and also with our family. I did NOT like the Metro - not because I was separated from any children, but because it made me want to toss my cookies. Alas, we really couldn't avoid it. I loved seeing your pictures here and on FB. It brought back such warm memories for me :) Welcome home!!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

You are bound to be a tired girlie with all the miles under your belt the past month! But, what memories and can't wait to hear your "bit of news." Easter blessings!

Denise said...

Welcome home, and happy Easter. Glad your family had such a nice time together.

JJ Landis said...

Happy Easter my friend. Thanks for visiting us and getting me writing again. Love you, all of you.

JJ Landis said...

Thanks for visiting us and getting me writing again! We love you, all of you.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Looks like you had a great time in our neck of the woods. Sorry you had a bad experience with the metro. I have ridden it all my life so I am used to it but I know it can get hectic when you are navigating with kids! Enjoyed seeing the pictures and glad you are back home safe!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin