Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm Done.

Photo source

Hey friends ~

And how was your week??

Mine started off GREAT!


I spent Monday praying and preparing, excited for this fun "surprise project" I'm working on (I can't wait until I can tell you about it!), and spent the afternoon praying for tons of friends & family near and far, feeling just overall blessed and grateful.

Then life hit.

Sick kids.

John out of town.

No sleep.

Another day of sick kids.

Girlfriends out of town.

More laundry. And school notes. Hockey details. The piles and clutter begin to take over.

Thankfully, my mom came to babysit Wednesday night so I could go to my Prayer Class (taught by my friend & mentor Mary Swierenga). I spilled my latte all over me and my Bible.


Yep, it's been one of those weeks.

Today is Day #4 with someone home from school, and me stuck in the house. Again.

Ugh.

Thankfully John is back in town now (although he probably wishes he was still golfing in South Carolina. I just called him and had a melt down on the phone. Not my finest moment).

I'm done.

I think I'll declare to Benj it's "rest time" and I'll go back to bed and start over.

And when I get up, I'll focus on the 3 P's ~ God's power, His perspective, and Promises.

I desperately need a fresh filling of His resurrection POWER.

I long to see this week from His PERSPECTIVE.

I must cling to His PROMISES or I'll melt down again (and it's not pretty).


How do you recharge after long, exhausting, draining weeks? I'd love to hear from you!



Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*. I'm off to take a nap!



P.S. When I wake up, I might just re-watch this Beth Moore teaching again. It gets me fired up everytime. If you have a few minutes to check it out, you'll be glad you did! :)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I visit my mom, sleep, bath and/or cuddle with hubby..... oh and I have to say sometimes just sitting in front of the TV watching mindless shows helps too.

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Unknown said...

Bubble bath, candles, book, and wine. Yep, that's how I roll.

So sorry you had a hard week. Praying everyone gets and stays healthy and you find rest in Jesus.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, bless your heart, when it rains it often pours.

I love the 3 P's. I'm going to remember that.

Can't wait to hear about your project. I know it is something wonderful that the Lord is doing in your life.

Blessings for a restful weekend!

Denise said...

Praying His sweet blessings all over your life.

kendal said...

my long weeks end with time for myself with NOTHING on the agenda. i can stare out the window if i want. and i'm talking about time when i really do have energy, not the 9PM vegetative state....

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Whew. Sounds like quite a week! Curious: What pages did you spill your coffee on? A few years ago, I spilled water on those onion-skin pages of my Bible, and it made the pages crispy and wrinkled. Now, when I open the Bible, it often opens right to those pages, to the verses in Psalms -- on a particular verse that God keeps impressing on me. Love that about God. :)

Keena said...

I pray that you have a better week and health returns to your household...

Amy Sullivan said...

This picture fit perfectly with your post. I wanted to grab that little, sleepy guy through the screen.

Can't wait to hear more about your surprise project!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin