Monday, August 23, 2010

Food/Body Image/Addiction/Freedom

Hey Friends :)
I'm so excited to share some fun news with you!! *She Sparkles* will be broadcast on the radio!

This Tuesday, August 24th, I have the opportunity to share some of my personal life journey re: body image, addiction, and the journey to freedom on a blogtalkradio program called, "The Sisterhood of Beautiful Warriors" hosted by Lucy Ann Moll.

I would love to have you tune in and listen Tuesday at 2:00 EST. :) You can listen to the radio program by clicking here.

If you know of anyone struggling with weight/body image issues, please feel free to tweet/FB/e-mail/pass along the radio link to them.

Certainly I do not have all of the answers, but I've spent 30+ years of my life pursuing the world's view of beauty. Unfortunately this unhealthy pursuit led me down many false, negative and dangerous paths, including cocaine addiction and an eating disorder. I'll be sharing about this in more detail on the radio show.

The Good News is that in 1996 Jesus got ahold of my life! (Can I get a Woo Hoo?!) He has given me new life, new hope, and a whole new mind! I no longer allow others to define who I am ~ I now know who I am in Christ! My worth and value comes from who God says that I am! (And the same is True for you too!)

You are loved.

You are accepted.

You are enough....just the way that you are!

And that, dear sister, is Good News!!

I hope you'll be able to tune in Tuesday, August 24th at 2:00 PM. (You can even click here here for a personal reminder right before the show).

And, dear friends, could I ask you a favor? Would you mind joining me in lifting up this opportunity in prayer?

While I speak often on my personal journey, this will be the first time I speak candidly about my body image struggles. I so desperately want to offer HOPE and TRUTH to anyone who is in the midst of the battle. It is a horrible, isolated, defeated place to be.
I am praying that God will use my past mistakes, journey, and authenticity for His Kingdom purpose. I am asking Him to have the exact women tune in to hear my story (His story) of redemption. And I am begging Him for clarity and wisdom about what to share. Would you please join me in prayer?

Thanks, dear friend. Prayer is the work, of this I am sure!!

And for fun, I thought I'd wrap up today's post with Mandissa's song, True Beauty. May the Lord rewallpaper our minds with the Truth of what is beautiful to Him!!


Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*! Have a beautiful Truth-filled day!!

6 comments:

Crissy said...

Awesome! I really want to figure out how to participate in Blogtalk radio so this will be perfect! And it is right during my kiddos' nap time! YAY!!!!

I can't wait!

Michelle said...

OOHHHHH. I'm sad now. I'll have to find out if I can listen to it after the fact. I have a play date at that time. I'll be praying for you Cindy.

PS: Unrelated - the Baked Potatoes in the Crock Pot are the best and easiest.

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I had planned to listen to you today, but sadly my daughter ended up with an appt. that conflicts. Is there ANY way I can hear it later - will it be recorded or archived somewhere? Please let me know if you find anything out :-) Thanks and Love, Jenny C. (I'll be praying for you)

barefootoffering said...

Listening!

Kim said...

Just finished listening! Sat down with a cup of tea and my knitting!! Thanks for sharing the Truth!! Loved it!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Awwww....I just missed it! I know it was great though!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin