Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Random Dozen ~ Party Time!


Hey Friends!

Happy Wednesday to you!! Things are a bit crazy for us these days, so I thought a little Random Dozen might be fun and good for my head! I'm in the midst of writing a book proposal (gulp!), so my creative juices are minimal....but I just couldn't bear to go another day without saying hello to you!!! How are you??? How was your holiday weekend???

Unfortunately today's Random Dozen questions are from last week, but hey ~ they'll still work for us, right?! Especially since they have a Party theme (and I love a good party!) Enjoy!!

1. Would you rather host party or simply attend a party?

I love hosting parties! Ask my husband and kids, I am always looking for an excuse to throw a party! Any day is a day to celebrate if you ask me! :)

2. Tell us about the most memorable party you've been to.

My 40th birthday just a few weeks ago was pretty special. I loved that so many of my family members and friends could attend, and that everyone seemed to be having a GREAT time together.




3. What is one thing you hope for in the after-life?

No more sorrow. No more pain.

4. What do you enjoy most about sunshine?

Playing kickball with my family outdoors.

5. When you attend a bridal/baby shower, do you prefer to bring your own gift or chip in with others to buy a larger gift?

Good question. Probably depends on the recipient and how crazy my life is at the time.


6. Would you rather have a FREE week of having your house cleaned or all of your meals cooked for you and your family?

Definitely having the house cleaned for a week. Especially if they would help sort through all of our "end of the school year" clutter!

7. What song describes your mood today?

Oh wow ~ another great question. My girls and I were singing "Everlasting God" at the top of our lungs in the car today. I think the words are pretty appropriate for the season we find ourselves in...

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles.....


(Have I ever told you I collect eagles?? Another topic for another day.....)

8. What is something you received for your own bridal shower/wedding that you still own or use?

John and I were so blessed when we got married! We had amazing showers with tons of great gifts! I'm looking at coffee/end tables that we received as a gift that we still love, as well as a special clock from John's brother. Too hard to choose from all the blessings.


9. Your favorite flavor of ice cream is?

I don't really have a favorite. I'm not a huge ice cream girl. I guess I'd say Mint chocolate chip.



10. When was the last time you felt "tested?"

Today. Yesterday. The day before....


11. "[Fill in the blank] is a food that once I start eating I find really hard to stop."


Chips and salsa. Especially my favorite chips and yummy homemade salsa.


12. "-----" is the best motivation.

The fear of the Lord...


Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*! I'd love to hear from you (and your most memorable party!!). I've got some great GIVEAWAYS to pass along later this week, so please stop back as you are able!!

Many blessings to you!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy~it was so fun to hear from you! I loved several of your answers - I love "Everlasting God" too :-) Sometime can you post your salsa recipe? I'd like to try it. Be blessed today! Jenny C.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin