Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Good Word!


Happy Wonderful, Word~filled Wednesday to you!! I have to tell you...you blessed me with your sweet words of encouragement and excitement regarding our recent good news (recap here). Thanks for sharing in our joy!!

I'm curious...do you have a favorite devotion you are using this summer?? I'm still enjoying my current favorite...Jesus Calling. Today's word was so powerful ~ I just had to share it with you!!

From Jesus to you...

Seek to live in My Love, which covers a multitude of sins: not only others' sins but also yours. Wear My Love like a cloak of Light, covering you from head to toe. Have no fear, for perfect Love decimates fear. Look at other people through lenses of Love: see them from My perspective. This is how you walk in the Light, and it pleases Me.

I want My Body of believers to be radiant with the Light of My Presence. How I grieve when pockets of darkness increasingly dim the Love-Light. Return to Me, your First Love! Gaze at Me in the splendor of holiness, and My Love will once again envelop you in Light.

1 Peter 4:8, 1 John 4:18, Revelation 2:4

I've been reflecting on these powerful words today. How I long to look at others ~ my family, my friends, my neighbors, even the guy who teases my dog...and myself...through lenses of God's perfect Love!

When I've sensed "discouragement" creep in (i.e. when my kids were fighting again and it made me want to pull out my hair!), I've been picturing myself putting on "Love glasses" and looking at things through a different lense. Asking God to help me see others from His perfect, loving perspective, rather than my own. (And you know what, it's helped!)

For today, on this "Word~filled Wednesday", I'd love to hear from you! What does this devotion say to you?? Or did you have a favorite Word this week?? What Bible study are you going through this summer?? Please share with us something that God is teaching you!!

May you have a Wonderful, Word-filled Wednesday!! You are special to Him, special to me!! Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles**!

God's richest blessings to you!!

1 comment:

Christina Ketchum said...

I am potty training my son and am trying to extend him as much grace as God does to me. It can be really tough especially when bodily fluids are involved. This bit of devotion you shared really hit home with me. Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin