Thursday, June 30, 2011

On Having a Personal Chef for the Day


If you are looking for 4th of July Family fun ideas, be sure to check out my recent post!

I'm busy with "M & M Camp" this week (Manda & Mommy Camp) ~ but never too busy to share one of my favorite Things I Love Thursday posts! Enjoy this repeat from last summer!


As I've mentioned before, I will never be known for my fabulous cooking skills (recap here).


However, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading and collecting recipes or visiting cooking blogs.

In fact, my all-time favorite cooking blog is Art From My Table. I love it!

Chellie, the chef extraordinaire and blog author of Art From My Table, is passionate about cooking, intentional about serving fresh and whole foods to her family, and does an amazing job of posting creative, healthy, mouth-watering dishes.

When I saw her recipe for Black Bean and Corn Salsa, my mouth began to dance!! Yum!



Jokingly I invited myself to be her official taste tester (believe me, I know salsa!) ~ and Chellie, being the awesome friend and woman that she is, offered to come to my home and prepare it for me and my family.

In fact, she offered to prepare a whole meal. WOO HOO!!

The menu I selected: Enchilads verde, the black bean and corn salsa, and then Chellie surprised us with Blueberry Crumble for dessert.

What a blessing to have Chellie hard at work in my kitchen, while I was hard at work in my office. I loved hearing the chop, chop, chop from my desk. I think I need a personal chef every day!! :)

Before she left, Chellie taught me how to cut an avocado. Can you believe it? I'm 40 years old and never knew. But no longer! Look at what a serious avocado student I am!


To enjoy the delicious recipes and a photo recap of Chellie's cooking adventure in my kitchen, head on over to Art From My Table here.


Please be sure to introduce yourself to Chellie and let her know you came from *She Sparkles*. I know she'd be glad to meet you!!!

And for more Things I Love Thursday ideas, hop on over to my real-life neighbor Jill at The Diaper Diaries.

What things do you love today??? I'd love to hear from you!!!!

Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles* !! Have an amazing, joy-filled 4th of July!








3 comments:

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! cindy, wow! that salsa looks delish! are you going to share recipie?..I would lov eto have it! I will visit friends post! Have a happy:) and safe 4th!!

Jessica Kirkland said...

I bet that salsa is gluten free-I need the recipe! Lets meet up at She Speaks. Is this your first trip?

Cindy Bultema said...

Hey Kay & Jessica (and friends!) Here's the link to Chellie's salsa. It's GREAT!!
http://artfrommytable.blogspot.com/2010/05/black-bean-and-corn-salad.html
Have a safe and joy-filled 4th!
xo Cindy :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin