I have a confession to make.
I've never celebrated Memorial Day.
I didn't even think about it until earlier this week. I was with Jill, and she asked what our family was doing this weekend.
When I shared (besides having a BBQ with Jen and friends), I didn't know ~ Jill was in shock.
She said, "Cindy, you mean you celebrate EVERY holiday ~ even Groundhogs Day ~ but you don't celebrate Memorial Day?!"
I guess when you put it like that ~ it is a little crazy! Especially when 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays ~ and I have enough red,white, and blue decorations for our whole street!
This week I have been on a quest to come up with a memorable, honoring, fun Memorial Day celebration.
**Here's our New & Improved Memorial Day Celebration Plan**
This weekend we will be.....
* Discussing the True Meaning of Memorial Day
* Decorating our home with Red, White, and Blue (Amazing ideas from Tip Junkie)
* Hanging up our American flag (using Memorial Day flag etiquette) and taking a moment of silence at 3:00 PM.
* Heading to a parade~ one of my favorite pasttimes ever! (West Michigan parades listed here)
* Visiting a local cemetary
* Thanking a soldier
In case it rains, we can do.....
Of course, it wouldn't be a holiday without BINGO with red, white, and blue M & M's ~ here
* And for our Memorial Day cookouts, here are some of my favorite simple kid-friendly food ideas I cook up...
* Red and blue finger jello (star shaped, of course)
* Cupcakes for the kids (Fun Recipe here and here)
* Flag cake (Recipe here) Always a huge hit!And I can hardly wait to try some of these BBQ recipe ideas!
Whew ~ now I'm ready to head into this Memorial Day weekend! :)
Do you have any tradition or family fun ideas to honor Memorial Day?? Share with us please ~ I'd love to hear from you!!!
Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*! Have a safe, joy-filled Memorial Day weekend!
Many blessings to you!!
P.S. Would you please take a quick second to vote for my blog so I can share with more women? All you do is click the button below, scroll down to *She Sparkles* and click on the orange thumb. Thank you!!
P.S.S. For more Caffeinated Randomness, head over to visit Michelle and friends. You'll be glad you did!