Today is my 41st birthday! Woo Hoo!
I'm off to celebrate with family and friends ~ I can't wait to see what the day holds! Just for fun, in honor of my birthday, here are 25 random things about me, with a special $41 Giveaway at the end...
25 Random Things about Cindy ~ (aka "The Birthday Girl")
1. Qdoba is my favorite restaurant. I could eat Mexican food every single day.
2. For my first date with my husband John we went rollerblading.
3. Growing up, I always wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader or a teacher.
4. My dad attended Purdue University when I was little ~ so I lived in the student housing there in Lafayette, Indiana.
5. I loved being an RA (Resident Assistant) at Michigan State University.
6. My first job was at the Quad Movie Theater.
7. I love being a mom :)
8. I spent Easter 2002 in the Sahara Desert. We stayed in a refugee camp (cockroaches and all). (See pic below ~ can you tell which person is me?!)
9. I won my very first (and only) Chili Cook-off this year. It was my friend Julie's recipe.
10. I lived in Kokomo Indiana from the 4th - 6th grade. I still keep in touch with my best friend from those years (JJ Stutzman-Landis). I can't believe she's put up with me all of these years! :)
11. In August of 2003, I officiated a wedding. Can you believe it, me?! (I hope they are still married!)
12. I love to CELEBRATE! Especially with colorful table cloths and lots of confetti! Party City is my favorite party store!
13. I usually read about 4 books at a time. Currently I am reading...Heaven is for Real, Dressed to Kill by Rick Renner, a new Max Lucado book, Weird by Craig Groeschel and more!
14. I go to Starbucks more than I should. My drink of choice - a skinny vanilla latte, extra hot, no foam. My little Sarah likes Starbucks more than me now. She'll say, "Hey Mom...want to go to Starbucks???" How can I resist???
16. I had the opportunity to pass out Samaritans Purse Shoeboxes in Cairo, Egypt in 2003. (Trip highlights here). It was absolutely lifechanging. (Pic below is me in Egypt in a local hospital on the childrens' cancer floor ~ I was pregnant with my little Sarah for this trip).
I would LOVE to go back to Egypt!
17. I gave my life to Jesus Christ in July 1996 (You can read my testimony here). My life has not been the same since (Praise the Lord!)
18. I am passionate about....Jesus, the Bible, praying, living fully, celebrating life, encouraging others, sharing life with my friends (usually over coffee), and being the best wife and mom I can be.
19. I dream of writing a book someday.
20. My son Jake is much taller than me now. He's only 16. I have to stand on my tip toes to give him a good night kiss.
21. Did I mention I love being a mom???
22. I could spend all day at Schuler Bookstore studying the Bible. Next to my home, it is my favorite place to be.
23. My life verse is Jeremiah 29:11. God's Word has absolutely transformed my life!
24. My husband and I are exact opposites ~ but I couldn't imagine anyone else in the whole wide world I'd rather be married to. God is the perfect match maker!
25. My greatest desire is to point people to Jesus with everything that I think, say, and do. He is my life. I hope to *sparkle* for Him!
I feel so blessed that you made it through all 25 Random Things! Thank you!
In honor of my birthday, I would like to give a $41 gift certificate to Starbucks to one blessed *She Sparkles* friend!
To Win my birthday Giveaway: Leave a comment in the comment section answering this question:
What was one new thing you learned about me??
Extra Entries: •Follow *She Sparkles*
•Subscribe to *She Sparkles*
•Add my *She Sparkles* button to your blog
or Tweet about this giveaway including a link to this post
Please be sure to leave me a comment to let me know your extra entries.
RULES: Starts today, Monday, May 9th and ends Wednesday, May 11th at 9 PM.
Winner will be posted on my blog sometime during my birthday week. If your email address is not connected to your ID, please leave your email address with your comment or email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Giveaway".
Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*. I'm off to go celebrate!! :)
God's richest blessings to you~