Any suggestions for St. Patrick’s Day? I would like to do some fun things, but don’t really have any ideas. You are my “party go to expert”....
I'm so glad you asked, dear one! I am busy in St. Patrick's Day planning mode ~ and would love to share my family~friendly ideas with you!
I've already pulled out our St. Patrick's Day books. We've been reading The Story of Saint Patricks Day by Patricia Pingry for years!
I love sharing with my kids St. Patrick's love for God, and how he used the shamrock to share the Trinity with others (more info on teaching St. Pat here)
And how will we celebrate on St. Patrick's Day??
Typically, we start the day with green pancakes. Here's a fun picture from a few years ago....
Don't they look adorable?? (Sorry I still had my hearts of loving kindness hanging from the chandelier. I'll have to share that idea in another post...)
For dinner, here is the menu we usually have...
* Shamrock Shaped Pizza
* Green Fluff Salad (my kids favorite ~ with marshmallows & pistachio pudding mix)
* Lettuce Salad & Dressing
* Fresh Green Vegetables (cucumbers, celery, broccoli, snow peas, etc..)
* Green finger jello (shamrock shaped, of course)
* Cupcakes for the kids (Fun Recipe here or here)
* Key Lime Pie (this is a new addition. We've invited friends over, and the mom offered to bring this for dessert. My husband John is thrilled!)
(More yummy food recipes here!)
Other St. Patrick's Day party ideas...
Of course, we will have tattoos :) Here's a pic from a former celebration.... (My jewelry is from Claires. Super fun, but inexpensive!)
* We also have a Treasure Hunt. I place a shamrock under one of our guests' dinner plates. After dinner, I have everyone look under their plates. The shamrock under the plate has the first clue. At the end of the treasure hunt, I have little black pots filled with candy gold for all the kids. (I originally saw this idea here). The kids LOVE it! :)
* It wouldn't be a party without BINGO. You can make your own St. Patrick's Day BINGO cards here.
P.S. For more Works for Me Wednesday tips, head over to Rocks in My Dryer.