Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Random Dozen: St. Patrick's Day Edition!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you!! :) If you are looking for fun, family~friendly St. Patrick's Day ideas, it's not too late ~ click here. :)

This week I'm so excited and thrilled to participate in the "A Woman Inspired/Get Revived" On-line Conference! I've enjoyed listening to some AMAZING speakers, and can hardly wait until Thursday ~ when I get to share my message, "Who did Christ make YOU to be? Come unveil the TRUE you!" I'd love to have you join us (you can listen on-line from the comfort of your own home ~ it's awesome!) Click here for more details!

And of course today we are celebrating Saint Patrick's Day! I thought it would be a perfect day for some "randomness". Enjoy the Random Dozen: Saint Patrick's Day edition! When you are finished reading, be sure to play along ~ especially question # 12!


1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly?

Superstitious ~ not all all. 0.


2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered." Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe?


Wow, this question is kind of deep! I think it might describe the first time I attended Carol Kent's Speak Up with Confidence seminar. I was so nervous to go and discover if God was calling me to a speaking ministry.

At the conference, you have to bring prepared little speeches, and then present them, as well as get critiqued and evaluated by your peers. I found out right before I was to share that Carol Kent herself would be the head leader of my small group. I was a nervous wreck!

I went into the bathroom to put on lipstick and I was shaking so bad it took two hands to do my lip liner! I prayed like crazy and asked God to help me not make a fool of myself!!

When I stood at the podium, God took over. I spoke with more passion and enthusiasm than ever. As I walked down the stage, Carol Kent stood to her feet and said, "Who are you?? What do you do??" I replied, "ummm, I'm a mom". She said, "I think we need to stop right now and lay hands on you. I sense God has a very special plan for you." The women in my group circled me and prayed for me while tears just streamed down my cheeks.

Yes, at that conference...I came, I saw, and boy did I conquer my fears ~ with God's help, of course!! :)


3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging?

After the kids are in bed ~ 9:00 PM or so

4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for?

No ~ although we did all oversleep this past Monday.

5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring?

Bike rides and walks with friends :) I'd say 'flowers' if someone would come help me plant some! :)

6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day?

Easy answer....YES :)


7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable?

Yes, gardening. I don't even know the difference between annuals and perennials :)


8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live?

Lamb. :) I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. So far we've been blessed with great spring~like weather. (Although now they're saying snow this weekend!)

9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it?

Hang out with my family :)

10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold?

You know, if I found a Treasure chest filled with a venti Starbucks latte, a gift card to Qdoba, a new Beth Moore book, and a journal, I'd be a blessed woman! :)


11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day.

Our home. :)

12. Just for a bit o' fun, click here and then report your Irish name.

Gemma O Connell. How fun! :)

OK friends ~ your turn to play along!! Pick at least one question and play along! I'd love to hear from you!!!

Have a GREAT rest of your week!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!



P.S. As always, a huge thanks to Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee for hosting the Random Dozen each week. Click over and check out some of the other great blogs playing along! And feel free to link up and join the fun! :)

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Blessings and hugs,
andrea

Michelle said...

I'm so excited to finally get to hear you Cindy! I'm calling quiet time on Thursday afternoon just to hear you.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I love your answer to question 10. I'm not sure what material thing I'd like in a pot of gold. Definitely a good pen and a blank journal and maybe some chocolate too.

Julie@comehaveapeace said...

I am Ciara Ryan ... now I want to go stand on a hill with the wind blowing in my hair (wearing a peasant skirt of course) and look off to the hills of Glendalough. :) I'm so glad you told me where to discover my inner Irish!

What a beautiful story about you with Carol. That must've been a sweet and affirming moment for you, Cindy. What a gift. Honored to pray with you along your journey.

- Julie

Joyce said...

I loved your #2...that was an awesome story.

Mary said...

I really wish I could garden without killing everything! I grow great weeds, though!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What entertaining answers! Always enjoy Random Dozen and everyone's different answers. You have a lovely blog!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Cindy:
What fun! The answers are always neat to see, helps everyone know each other better. I was especially drawn to Carol Kent, as I have read her book about her son. I went over to her page and saw the video clips. I'm telling you... her faith and her life and testimony just SHOUT of God's grace. It's an amazing story of trusting God when you know there is nothing else, and finding His grace not only to be sufficient, but to overcome and make something beautiful.
Thanks for sharing!

Sonja

Rebecca said...

I was blessed & instructed by your teaching at webinar today. My study in prep. for women's Sunday school class has taken me to this passage and it was already burning in my heart. We had gone there from the (inserted) ending to the Lord's Prayer...."Thine is the kingdom and the power and the GLORY forever". Those who behold God's glory are bold, confident, competent and free (all found in earlier verses in the Corinthian chapter).

I KNOW God will continue to bless your ministry as you live faithfully (behind the scenes) in your four walls, local church and community and then go with Him wherever He leads - Keep the Word central ALWAYS!

Debbie said...

Wow. That conference story is amazing! Very inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,

I absolutely loved your talk today. You were wonderful and the Lord really blessed me with your words. You have a lovely, contagious spirit and I am fired up!

God bless you,
Joyce Marie

Michelle said...

Hi Cindy,
Enjoyed your talk this week at the `A Woman Inspired/Get Revived` Conference.

I love your answer to #10

My Irish name is: Fidelma O'Kelly

Michelle/New Horizon Reviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin