Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Bright Spot!

(Picture above ~ Me and my son Benj. This post is dedicated to my precious little guy!)

I'm really sick...again! I've been fighting chills, a fever, horrible sore throat, fatigue, and more! I even had to miss Bible Study last night! Bummer!! I'm off to the doctor this morning...

In the midst of my "less than Magnificent" Monday yesterday, I was still very blessed. New Beth Moore Inheritance DVD's to watch (although I kept falling asleep as soon as I turned on the TV). Lunch from Panera. A nice, cold Diet Coke (thanks, Julie ~ boy did it hit the spot on my sore throat! I'll try "no pop" again next month). Homemade chicken noodle soup. Offers to bring Starbucks (you know I'm sick when a vanilla latte doesn't sound good!). Calls and e-mails of hope and encouragement. Lots of prayer support. I am blessed and grateful. :)

My family has been extra supportive and caring. John has been taking care of all of his "household responsibilities", and mine too. John even left work early yesterday to take the kids to their school skating party. I was so bummed I couldn't go. I've been looking forward to it for weeks!

My little guy Benj (age 8) sure blessed me though! We've been talking all week about "the races" at the skating party. I knew Benj would do great in the race, but he was nervous even to try (he's an amazing hockey player, so I figured he'd do well). I was disappointed I wouldn't be at the skating party to encourage Benj to try and to cheer him on!

Of course I wasn't surprised when John and the kids came home happy after a great time together. What did surprise me was the fountain Diet Pepsi Benj was carrying. It was for me!

Benj did try the skating race, and he won! His reward? A ticket for a free soft drink. John said Benj carried his ticket in his pocket during the rest of the party. When it was time to go, Benj told John he wanted to get a cold drink for his sick mom. He had saved his reward ticket for me!

Isn't that precious?

I am convinced that even in the midst of our most challenging days, God will bring bright spots to us...if we choose to look for them!

What about for you? What bright spots has God brought your way??

Many blessings to you~


P.S. Sorry if my thoughts are a bit jumbled...I'm heading back to bed and then off to the doctor!!

**UPDATE** ~ I'm back from the doctor. Thankfully it's not swine flu or strep throat, just a nasty upper respiratory infection. Hopefully I'll be on the road to recovery soon! ***

6 comments:

Julie@comehaveapeace said...

I was discouraged about the response to a women's activity a few weeks ago, but today I was so blessed to have a great group to join me for a tour to a local homeless shelter ministry. Our hearts were all moved together, and we enjoyed sweet fellowship.

I hope the Lord will restore your health quickly and bless you with more sweet moments!

Michelle said...

I'm sad to see that you're under the weather again. I know what it's like to be sick all the time. Last year I seemed to have a cold every month. The worst was when I was in the hospital having my son and having doctors come in saying boy does that cough sound bad. Then 4 days later going to the clinic to find out that I had a severe chest infection that could have been dealt with at the hospital. Sorry I didn't mean to rant. :) I know your frustration.

Christina Ketchum said...

That is a bummer you are sick again but absolutely wonderful your son saved his prize for you! I will send a prayer of good health your way!

jj said...

So sweet. Little boys who love their moms... SWEET!!!

Diane said...

Your son has a sweet compassionate spirit. Such a treasure! :O)

Teresa said...

The Lord is Your Healer! I love your writings! By the way..there is an award awaiting you at my 'place'!
Healing springs forth speedily!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin