Wednesday, June 8, 2011

End of School Year Celebration


This Friday is the last day of school for my kids! Woo Hoo!
You know me ~ I can't let the last day of school go by without "marking the moment"!

How will we celebrate the last day of school?? I'm glad you asked!

The kids have a 1/2 day of school, so each friend is inviting another friend over for the afternoon. (The nice thing about having 4 kids is that it's always easy to have a party ~ everyone invites a friend ~ suddenly my table is filled with 8!).


I'm not sending out invitations, but if I was, I would pick these! (Aren't they adorable?)







Last year I greeted the kids when they came off the bus with colorful leis, although a banner is a great idea too. What fun!




For lunch, I'm letting the kids choose the menu. Of course, they picked pizza! Easy peasy! And for dessert, last year I purchased this cake (since we all know I don't bake!)







Other End of School Year Celebration ideas...

* We usually have a Treasure Hunt. I place a clue under one of our guests' lunch plates. After lunch, I have everyone look under their plates. The friend with the clue gets things started. At the end of the treasure hunt, I have little prizes. This year I think it will be inflatable beach balls from the dollar store with this poem attached...




Summer is here, School is done. Go to the pool and have some fun! When your splashing with your friends and all, take along this prize and have "a ball".(I originally saw this idea here ~ I think the kids will love it! :)

* As you know, it wouldn't be a party without BINGO. You can make your own Summer Fun BINGO cards
here.





* We'll probably play lots of our
favorite summer games!





* Last year I had a rule for our Celebration ~ NO use of pens, pencils, crayons, notebooks, etc.. ~


However, in case of rain, I'll have color sheets, word searches, mazes, etc..



* And it's always fun to start thinking about a summer wish list.



Mostly, I just want the kids to have fun....laugh, get wet, run around, and have a blast! They've worked hard ~ now it's time to CELEBRATE!! :)



What about for you?? How do you celebrate the End of the School Year?? Do you have a tradition or family fun idea to mark this day?? I'd love to hear from you!!!


Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*! God's richest blessings to you!!!



P.S. For more
Works for Me Wednesday tips, head on over to visit Kristen at We are that Family!


P.S.S. I'm also linking up today with Courtney from Women Living Well!





2 comments:

Margery said...

I like this, we usally do a a back to achool party in August after the teens have gotten their class lists. Pool, food, and moaning about there teachers always makes for a fun day.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Awe, you are just the best Mom making all these sweet memories with your kiddos. Happy summer to you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin