Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: "Award Winning" Chicken Chili!

If you haven't marked your calendar yet, don't forget St. Patrick's Day is Thursday, March 17th. You can check out my family-friendly ideas here.

Hey friends! Happy Tasty Tuesday to you!!

I'm home today with a sick little girl (again!), the lice is back (ugh!), and we're off to the vet to make sure our dog isn't a lice carrier. And how is YOUR TUESDAY?? :)

I'm delighted to have many new friends stopping by *She Sparkles*, so in case you missed my "award winning" Chicken Chili recipe, I'm re-posting it today. Enjoy! :)

As many of you know, I love chicken chili!

I've shared my favorite Chicken Chili recipe before, but over the past few weeks, I've been on the look-out to see if I could find a new favorite.

What Chicken Chili recipe would qualify as Award winning??

I've tried white chicken chili, chicken chili with corn, chicken chili with salsa verde (which I am ashamed to admit I didn't have a clue what salsa verde was....thank goodness for my FB friends!). I even tried Beth Moore's family's chicken chili recipe. My poor family has been eating so much chicken chili ~ I even started giving it out to friends and neighbors! :)

Why have I been going to all of this trouble you may wonder??

Well, this past Saturday was my church's 1st Annual Chili Cook-off!! And my girls and I decided to enter! (Our very first Chili Cook-off, we had no idea what to expect.....)

Here are some photo highlights...

My little Chicken Chili station. Notice my recipe was called, "Cindy's Amazing Chicken Chili" :)


Here I am (taken by my daughter Amanda) before the fun began.... I must confess to being a little nervous. I'm certainly not known for my cooking!


Ada Bible's Kentwood Campus leadership team did an outstanding job as Chili Cookoff hosts! :) It was so beautiful! Below, a table filled with an assortment of fresh breads, crackers, tortilla chips, and desserts. Yum!


Let the Chicken Chili tasting begin!! There were about 20 different chilis to try, and 3 different categories you could vote for (traditional, vegetarian, and creative). Notice in the photo below, my chili is almost halfway gone!


And when it was time for the votes to be tallied and the winners to be announced....imagine my surprise when they shared....

"The winner of the 1st Annual Chili Cookoff ~ Traditional is Cindy Bultema".

Woo Hoo!

Here I am (with my prize ~ a new embroidered apron ~ what fun!) and the amazing other winners!


My favorite part of my day (besides trying all of the other amazing chilis and meeting lots of new great people from my church) was spending the day with my girls!

We had so much fun participating together (while the boys were at hockey) and sharing the joy of our hard work. What a blessing!


Here, once again, is my favorite Chicken Chili recipe...now known as

"Cindy's Award Winning Chicken Chili" ~ smile :)

2 large chicken breasts cooked & diced (I boil the chicken ~ W. Mi friends try "Miller chix")
1 jar salsa
1 small can chicken broth
1 small jar Great Northern beans
1 2C bag shredded cheddar cheese

Crock pot - low- 3-4 hours

How easy is that?? Enjoy!!!

What's for dinner at your house tonight?? I'd love to hear your Tasty Tuesday ideas!!

Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*. Have a Terrific Tuesday!!



P.S. This post is dedicated to my amazing friend, ministry partner, and kindred spirit Julie Richardson. The Chicken Chili recipe originally comes from Julie. Julie is traveling in the UK this week, and I miss her like crazy already. Love to you across the seas, my friend! :)

P.S.S I am participating in Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday, Beauty and Bedlam's Tasty Tuesday's, and Tuesday's at the Table recipe exchanges. For more delicious recipes, please check out these links. :)





2 comments:

Leah Adams said...

We LOVE chili around here. I'll have to try your recipe. Thanks for posting it. Hope your girlie feels better.

Pickel said...

That sounds DELICIOUS!! I am going to definitely have to try your recipe...yum, yum!!!

Happy Friday!

oxox-Camille

Blog Widget by LinkWithin