Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"Magnificent Monday" Bible Study starting SOON!

Hello dear Friends!

Fire Update: Thank you for lifting up my neighborhood in prayer. Thankfully there haven't been any new fires in 9 days! I'll keep you posted as soon as the individual is caught & behind bars ~ we'll all sleep a little bit better! Until then, please keep praying! :)

For today, I can't wait to fill you in on our Fall Bible Study that will be starting SOON!!

This fall we will be going through the Bible study Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted by Priscilla Shirer. If you live in West Michigan, I would love to have you join us on Monday nights!!

First, some history about our group....(I love sharing how God works!!)

In 2006, my best friend Julie and I led a Bible study in her home. There were 12 of us that journeyed together that summer. Here's the original gang...


Soon the group began to grow and grow! We moved from Julie's living room to her basement. A dear woman named Mary Swierenga (an amazing prayer warrior and Bible teacher) began to mentor us. The group GREW AND GREW....

Julie sensed we should move to a location where even more women could come and join us! She went to the leaders of her church (Sunshine Church), and they graciously embraced the idea of hosting this gathering of women. I stepped in as the Bible teacher. The first season, winter 2009, the group grew to 40 women. I loved it! I was in my "sweet spot".

(Here's a fun picture from when they surprised me on my birthday....)



Since that time, the group has continued to GROW!! Women bring friends who bring friends who bring friends! All different churches, all different ages, all different stages of life!


Over the years, one thing has stayed the same ~ our commitment to providing a welcoming, safe, and fun place to learn more about Jesus and His great love for us!! It has been such a blast watching women come, regardless of where they are on their spiritual journey, and have fun while digging into God's Word! What a huge blessing ~ my Monday nights are now truly "magnificent!!"

And beginning Monday, September 27th ~ our Magnificent Monday Bible Study will be "re-starting" after our summer break. If you live in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area and are interested in joining a Bible study, this may be the perfect one for you! We would LOVE to have you come ~ bring a friend too!!

I've had the chance to go through the Bible study before (just on my own) and it is awesome!! (I originally started this study when John lost his job. It was very timely and Truth-filled ~ just what I needed.)


Here's more from Priscilla about Jonah: A Life Interrupted..



Awesome, huh??! Boy is Priscilla gifted!!

You can also view a sample chapter of the book here.


Our Magnificent Monday group meets at Sunshine Community Church at 7:00 PM. (Again, although we meet at Sunshine, women from all different churches, all different backgrounds in the area attend).

Typically, we will begin with a large group gathering, have some fun, worship (wait until you meet our worship leader ~ she's phenomenal!), break up into small groups, and then come back together and for a 30-40 minute teaching. We end at 9:00 PM.


We'll be meeting every Monday until November 15th (just a quick 7 week study ~ perfect!). In the summer, we had over 150 women in attendance. What fun! :)

Oh, and did I mention we serve yummy coffee and treats?! :)

If you would like to register or have any questions about the study, please leave a comment or e-mail me at
cindy.bultema@gmail.com. I'd love to have you join us!!

Many Blessings to you~




P.S. If you do not live in the Grand Rapids area, I'd love to hear more about your Bible study. Are you going through a study guide? What is your favorite part of your Bible study?? What has God been teaching you??


Share with us please :)

2 comments:

Theresa said...

A small group of ladies at our church started the book "Small Changes for a Better Life" by Elizabeth George last January. We took a break for the summer, but are planning to start again this fall.
I love Elizabeth George's studies...so encouraging and practical.

Julie@comehaveapeace said...

Sounds so sweet, Cindy. We started our new fall groups a couple of weeks ago, and my heart was just full this week with how good it is. So glad to be part of a group. I'll be anxious to hear about how this study goes for your gals, and I have no doubt it was so timely for you this summer. Love it when the Lord feeds us like that. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin