If you haven't had a chance to sign up for my Kids Book GIVEAWAY, please join the fun! (Click here for more information). You have until Tuesday, November 30th to enter. I'd love to hear from you! :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you!! Today I thought I'd join in the fun and play along with the Thanksgiving Edition of the "Random Dozen". Enjoy! :)
1. Are you sticking to traditional Thanksgiving foods this year, or are you being culinarily adventurous? We will be heading over to my dear in-laws to enjoy a very yummy and traditional Thanksgiving meal. Nothing too out of the ordinary (which is how I like it).
2. Tell me something concrete that you're thankful for. (Something you can literally touch, see, etc., not a concept like "hope.") I am really thankful for our new home. Although we've lived here for a little over a year now, it is a perfect home for our family, and the neighborhood is fantastic! I am so thankful to the Lord for saving this home for us (and selling our other home in less than 2 months!). What a miracle!
3. You knew the flip side was coming: Share about something intangible that you're thankful for. No doubt about it....grace. I am daily in awe of the grace that God so freely has given to me. What a gift!! And I am THANKFUL!!
4. Share one vivid Thanksgiving memory. It doesn't have to be deep or meaningful, just something that remains etched in your memory. I loved Thanksgiving as a little girl. Mostly I looked forward to traveling to Batesville, Indiana to see my grandparents, aunts/uncles and cousins. What special memories ~ too many to share just one!!
5. What is one thing that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is going to happen this Thanksgiving because it always does, year after year? My mom will make my favorite green jello salad.
6. Do your pets get any left-overs? Probably yes, but don't tell anyone...our dog Rocky is supposed to be on a diet!!
7. Does your family pray before the big meal? If so, do you join hands while seated, stand, repeat a formal prayer or offer a spontaneous prayer? Who does the praying? Absolutely we will pray before our meal. I will guess that yes, we will hold hands and that my father-in-law will offer the Thanksgiving prayer.
8. Will you be watching football in the afternoon? If not, what will you be doing?
I will not be watching football ~ but I imagine the guys of my house will be. I will probably be reading the newspaper and breaking up fights between my two girls :)
9. There are two distinct camps of people on this issue: How do you feel about oysters in the dressing/stuffing? Yuck.
10. Do you consider yourself informed about the first Thanksgiving? Sure.
11. Which variety of pie will you be enjoying? No pie. Too many WW points. I'll save my points for a latte (is Starbucks even open on Thanksgiving??)
12. Do you feel for the turkey?? Sorry, no. I try not to think about it :)
As I count my many blessings this Thanksgiving, please know, I am so thankful for YOU and the gift of journeying with you through She Sparkles. THANK YOU for stopping by my blog and allowing me the privilege of sharing what God is teaching me these days! It is such a joy!! :) THANK YOU!!
I pray God's richest blessings for you and your family this Thanksgiving Weekend!! Happy Thanksgiving!!
With Much Gratitude~
P.S. For more Random Dozen, visit 2nd cup of coffee. Thanks for passing along the fun, Linda!