Thursday, November 18, 2010

TILT: Sharing My Story


If you're looking for family fun Thanksgiving ideas, be sure to check out my Thanksgiving Ideas from A to Z.

Today is Thankful Thursday at our home! One of my hopes (and prayers) is to raise children with hearts of gratitude. Hopefully every day we are finding ways to express thanks to God and to one another ~ but today especially we will pause to acknowledge and thank God for His goodness in our lives!

For me personally, I am grateful for so many things! For my handsome husband, our precious kids, my amazing family, caring friends, our health (woo hoo!!), our home, our neighborhood, beautiful Michigan weather (even though it's November)...I could go on and on!


And for today, I'm particularly mindful and thankful for the new life I have in Christ.

Many of you know my story...I did not come to know Jesus until the age of 26. And not only did I not know Jesus all those years, I experienced way more of the world than necessary.


I've wrestled with addiction to alcohol, shopping, food, even drugs. You name it, I've tried it. I often joke that my life before Christ is like a really bad TV movie. It was empty and defeated living.

But here's the Good News! Not only did Christ come to my rescue and deliver me, He gave me a new place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth. (Psalm 40). He gave me a new, clean, pure heart. Jesus has given me hope and a future. He filled my heart with love and joy and peace and satisfaction.


And, praise the Lord, Jesus gave me a whole new reputation!! Only Jesus can transform an empty, insecure, messed up girl into a woman who is able to live a life of freedom and fullness. Only Jesus!

I'm blown away by the opportunities the Lord has provided for me to share my story. Not one time have I ever pursued me "speaking" somewhere, but doors keep opening. Most recently, I've been invited to Knoxville, TN to share my story at 3 different events. Me?? Really?? That God would risk His reputation on me is humbling. It makes me want to serve Him and worship Him all the more!!

Thank You, Jesus, for delivering me from a life of darkness and bringing me into Your Kingdom of light!! Thank You for the beauty of abundant life in You!! Thank You that there is no one too far gone...and thank You for the satisfaction that You alone can bring!!!


I just love how God works (what a God of miracles He is!) ~ and I love sharing my story from defeat to abundant living! I thank God for this opportunity, and can't wait to see what He will do!

What are you thankful for today?? I'd love to hear from you!!

Thanks for stopping by *She Sparkles*!! Have a Thrilling, Thankful Thursday!



P.S. For more Things I Love Thursday ideas, hop on over to my real-life neighbor Jill at The Diaper Diaries.

P.S.S. If you would like to join me in praying for my opportunities in Knoxville, TN this weekend ("praying down some tracks"), I would be so grateful! Please let me know of your interest, and I'd joyfully send more details to you. :)

2 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

Thank God for being a God of ANOTHER chance! I messed up my second chance thousands of chances ago!

I use to be embarrassed of my past, yet each time I am asked to speak, I too, realize it's not about me, but about sharing the awesome changing power of God! To God be the glory!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I can't even imagine a life without forgiveness.

I'm so excited for you and how the Lord is giving you opportunities to be used of Him.

Abundant blessings as you continue on your journey of life. Hugs!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin