Friday, June 4, 2010

Celebrating Summer Family Fun!

Hello dear bloggy Friends! Happy Friday to you!! I hope you've enjoyed a GREAT week!!

I've missed you all these past few weeks while I've been wrestling with our new life circumstances (recap
here) . I feel like things are settling down around here, and will start to share more regularly here on *She Sparkles*. I hope you'll join me!

For the summer, I would like to host "Fantastic Friday's ~ Celebrating Summer Family Fun!". As you know, I love to celebrate and think of simple, inexpensive ways to make the most of every day! I'm often asked to share my ideas, and with 4 kids of my own ~ ages 15, 8, 7, and 6 ~ my creative wheels are always spinning trying to figure out how to do so! During the summer, I'm going to devote every Friday to sharing different Family Fun Ideas. I can't wait!

And the best part....I'd like to invite YOU to play along! Each Friday I'd LOVE to have you share a simple, summer fun idea....and if you have a blog, of course, link us up to you!! AND, to get this whole Family Fun Friday idea off to a GREAT start, next week Friday I have a very special guest that will be joining us. I don't want to spoil the surprise ~ but let me just say I'm sure you will love her!! (Here's a hint...think chocolate cake...)

What do you think??? Sound like fun???

For today's idea, I'm going to share a "repeat" ~ but it's one of my KIDS' favorites. Our simple little family fun tradition....Sundae Nights!!



Last year, we started having "Sundae Nights on Sunday Nights".


Originally, the "Sundae Nights" just started because it was a Sunday night and I let the kids have ice cream sundaes. And then, as I was eating my ice cream, I had an idea! Suddenly I envisioned our backyard filled to the brim with family and friends enjoying ice cream and fellowship together every Sunday night. (Unfortunately my husband hasn't caught that vision yet....but we are slowly getting there!)

For now, every Sunday Night, our family has ice cream sundaes together. It's that simple. During the school year, Sundae Nights are a great way for our family to connect, share highlights from the weekend, and discuss important events approaching in the coming week.

During the summer, it's a great opportunity for us to invite friends and/or family to our home. Sundae Nights are simple, inexpensive, can easily accomodate a food allergy/sensitivity, and everyone likes ice cream!!

One of the best parts....it's not uncommon for my high schooler Jake to show up with 2 or 3 of his buddies to see if it's time for Sundae Nights yet. I love it! My hope is that when my kids are in college, they'll still swing home with a car load of friends on Sunday evenings to see if I still have the hot fudge and sprinkles out!!


So if you are looking for a little family fun...why not try Sundae Nights this Sunday at your home?? I guarantee you'll love it!! :)

Have a super, joy-filled weekend!! I'll look forward to seeing you again soon!! And, please don't forget to come back next Friday for another Family Fun idea!!

Many blessings to you!!!




Picture above (L to R) ~ Amanda Bultema, Sydney Torresson, & Sarah Bultema enjoying their Sundaes! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun!

-Crissy

Julie@comehaveapeace said...

This is a great idea, Cindy, and I am so glad you gave me permission to think about chocolate cake. I need a piece today. :) Praying for you in your challenges and hoping that you'll have a sweet Sundae Night this weekend!

Renee said...

Hi Cindy,
I love the Fantastic Friday idea :) Thanks for sharing your creative ideas with the rest of us. We are looking fwd to a fun filled summer!
Have a great weekend!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Awesome idea, Cindy! We love ice cream, any excuse will do ;)

Michelle said...

When you originally posted about Sundae Nights I went and ran with it. My kids love Sundae nights. My sundaes are not as pretty as yours, but put whip cream and chocolate sauce on anything and it tastes great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin