Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Shhh! ~ Don't tell John! :)

Shhh! Don't tell John, but...I just confirmed a babysitter for Friday night. Woo Hoo!!

We haven't been on a date night for awhile (we've had nights out together....but mostly we just go to a bookstore, veg out, read mindnumbing magazines and enjoy the quiet). It's time for some fun!!

John has been working so hard ~ at work, at home with our 4 kids, supporting me with ministry opportunities, helping our family adjust to a summer routine, and so much more! I want to surprise John on Friday night and treat him to a "Fabulous Friday"!! He deserves it!!

I am so grateful to God for my marriage to John! Don't get me wrong, John and I have definitely had our challenges over the past 9 years (especially having 3 babies in 4 years - whew!). After a lot of prayer, hard work, counseling, and more prayer ~ God has really brought us into a special season in our relationship. I am learning a ton (especially that I need to be intentional about investing in my marriage), and am trying to grow more and more into the wife God intends for me to be.

Which leads me back to Friday. Anyone have some fun, inexpensive ideas to create a great date night?? Would you mind sharing your ideas - please?!!

4 comments:

jj said...

Awesome. But I'm disappointed to see he doesn't read your blog!!

I suggest thinking really hard about what HE would like not about what YOU would like. I finally figured that out after awhile - Lee was planning things for me that he liked and I was planning things for him that I liked. It should be all about the other person.

As far as inexpensive... a walk in a park by a creek, a trip to the library, a drive to some small town near where you live to eat in a greasy spoon diner. And take along a photo album fom when the kids were little or when YOU or John was little. We do that sometimes. It generates conversations that we wouldn't have had without the pictures. Have fun!!!

Cindy Bultema said...

JJ :)
Thanks for the fun ideas! John does read my blog (usually ~ now that I'm not writing as often, he doesn't check as often). John is such a man of integrity (and he loves surprises) ~ if he opens my blog and sees the title, he'll close it right up. I'll let him know it's safe to read my blog after Friday night.
I love your ideas...especially about the photo album. We just bought a boat and John has been telling me about how many special memories he has growing up on a boat...maybe I can get some photo albums with boat memories from his parents. I'm sensing a theme here - yeah!! My wheels are spinning....
Thanks for the fun ideas!!! I'll keep you posted!
Cindy :)

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

How about packing a picnic and go behind the airport and watch yhe planes come in. Spend the night talking on places you would like to go together. I could of had an overnight if you would of told me about your date night.


Mom

Jill Morton said...

I'm not sure how much time you have but I love to spend an evening at the beach (Grand Haven) watching the sunset together. You could pack a picnic dinner or find an inexpensive place to get take out. So fun! Especially when you don't have kids with you. Enjoy whatever you do :)

Jill

Blog Widget by LinkWithin