Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fun in the Sun and my theme for the week :)

Today we were blessed with a perfect family day! After church, the kids called some friends and we spent the afternoon at the lake. The weather was beautiful, the company was fun, and the laughter was in abundance! It was a great afternoon!!

This evening we celebrated my son Jake's (soon to be) 15th birthday. Holy cow! How can Jake be 15 already? Does anyone else have a hard time believing little Jake is 15?? He starts Drivers Training tomorrow evening. No wonder my red hair is turning white!

Starting tomorrow, 2 of my 4 kids will be spending their days at a Christian daycamp. What fun! :) It also means I'll have more time to share on my blog (Lord willing). I'm hoping to devote this week to an emphasis on prayer. One of my life's passions is PRAYER. I hope to pass along lots of downloads, resourses, ideas, stories, and more!! Check back tomorrow for my first PRAYER posting!!

Speaking of prayer....do you have a favorite "answer to prayer" story?? A question about prayer?? A favorite resource/book on prayer?? I would love to hear from you!!

May I leave you with one of my favorite quotes from Max Lucado on prayer....

When men work, men work...
But when men pray, God works!!

Let's pray...Oh Lord, how we desire to see You work in our lives, in our families, in our neighborhoods, in our world! Teach us how to pray, O Lord!! Please use our lives to draw others to You. For Your purpose and for Your Glory!! In Jesus Name! Amen.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Is that red hair and freckles I see? Be still my heart. My oldest (red hair and freckles) is twelve and I feel the same about him--how quickly the years have gone by! Can't imagine the driving thing...

My favorite answer to prayer story is how the Lord captured my husband's heart after thirteen years of prayer from me and my church family. He was an unbeliever until three short years ago and now is the Praise Band leader at our church. The Lord waited until He had "the hook" that would open Jeff's heart...in his case it was Contemporary Christian music.

God's timing is perfect, no?

Blessings during your week of prayer!

MOMSWEB said...

Once again, I'm blessed by your blog!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin