Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our Verse for the letter "F"

Psalm 62:5-6

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

I love this verse! Here is some commentary from my favorite Bible teacher (Beth Moore):

"The original Hebrew word translated hope in Psalm 62:5 is 'tiqvah' which literally means 'a cord, as an attachment'. The psalmist contrasted the disappointment he often experienced in man with the security he found in his faithful God. His cord or rope was attached to God alone. We're all holding onto a rope of some kind for security, but if anyone besides God is on the other end, we're hanging on by a thread!

Be very honest. Picture the rope you are hanging onto for security. Is God on the other end, or have you placed your hopes and expectations in someone who might not be able to deliver??"

Don't you just love it?? May the Lord imprint this verse not only in our mind, but also on our heart! Hang in there! Time spent memorizing God's Word is never wasted time!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin