Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Easy Crockpot Italian Chicken

Hey Friends! Welcome to Tasty Tuesday!

I'm curious...does anyone else wrestle with having a healthy meal ready for your family in the midst of full fall days??

What's a woman to do??

One word ~ CROCKPOT!!!

Although it is Tuesday, I'm giving my dear husband John a break from our Taco Tuesday's.

(I'm entered in a chili cookoff this weekend, and I've been practicing different Chicken Chili recipes ~ A LOT! Poor guy ~ I think I made chicken chili 5 times in the last 10 days!)

So for today's Tasty Tuesday, we're switching from Mexican food to Italian....and making Quck and Easy Crockpot Italian Chicken!! Yum!!!

Quick and Easy Italian Chicken

1 1/2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 26-oz jar nonfat pasta sauce
1/4 cup nonfat Parmesan cheese

Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker; pour sauce over top and sprinkle with cheese.

Cover and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or high heat for 3-3 1/2 hours.
Enjoy!! :)


Does it get any easier??

Trust me, your house will smell amazing with this Italian Chicken. I'm planning to make a side of noodles, salad, applesauce, and french bread. Voila!! Dinner is served!!

What's for dinner at your house tonight?? I'd love to hear your Tasty Tuesday ideas!!

And for more great recipes, head over to All Thingz Related, Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday and Tuesday's at the Table recipe exchanges. What fun!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!





3 comments:

Julie said...

I love crockpot recipes. This one looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Tasha said...

Oh thank you so much! I also LOVE crockpot recipes! My family stays very busy and the crockpot is heaven sent! We are also in Revival this week!!!! Even busier but I LOVE Revival! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Tried this recipe yesterday because it sounded so wonderful! It was a hit with my family. I served it with spaghetti squash instead of the pasta, which made it more healthy. The smell permeated the house with deliciousness. Thanks for sharing it, Cindy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin